Motivation is a tricky thing to chase. Without it, your workday can seem like a true burden, when in fact it should be a blessing. Your work is something that helps define you. When approached with a positive mindset and an engaged heart, your work should help sustain you financially, as well as emotionally. If you’re not doing something you love, or dream of doing, you should explore how to bring more of your self into the work you currently do. By bringing your passion to your job, you are better able to grow within your career, and your job satisfaction will increase. Here are 10 motivational quotes to help you make sure you are living your best life – no matter what you do.
- “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
- “It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
- “Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.” – Lou Holtz
- “The individual who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it.” – Tricia Cunningham
- “I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal. Nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
- “You get to decide where your time goes. You can either spend it moving forward, or you can spend it putting out fires. You decide. And if you don’t decide, others will decide for you.” – Tony Morgan
- “Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.” – Joyce Brothers
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
It can be frustrating if you don’t naturally find the motivation to thrive in your daily life, but it truly is up to you to make sure your work and career are growing in the direction you would like. Take charge of your daily life, and refer to this list of inspirational words from those of have come before you to make sure your energy level stays high and your mind stays focused on what matters most.